GROMMET - Fuel Tank Vent cover. Updated part - Previously this was non-serviceable part requiring fuel tank assembly replacement, now it is serviceable (Install with superglue to seal it)
For ths Shindaiwa 488 and 488P Chainsaws.
From Shindaiwa TSB # 12-25:
Problem: Should the fuel plug come loose, the plug was not available as a service part, requiring replacement of the fuel tank/rear handle assembly P/N P021040760.
Remedy: Fuel tank plug P/N V144000620 is now available as a replacement part.
1. Remove fuel tank/rear handle assembly from engine crankcase.
2. Clean plug adhesive from tank mount cavity with isopropyl alcohol.
3. Apply super glue on the tank cavity circumference.
4. Install V144000620 plug with raised dot towards the upper right corner of the tank cavity.
5. Pressure test fuel tank to 7 psi (.5 bar). Tank should hold pressure for 1 minute.
6. Reassemble fuel tank/rear handle assembly to engine crankcase/intake manifold